Thursday, November 14, 2013

Winner Dinners!

If you want a healthy and tasty dinner, here are a couple solid choices :)


The first is Zucchini Lasagna. I got the recipe from Skinnytaste.com, but modified it just a little. I don't eat red meat, so I use ground turkey. And I found a can of crushed tomatoes with basil since Walmart was out of fresh basil. Also, it was too cold to face the grill, so I oven roasted the zucchini at 400 for a bit instead.

This goes perfect with some caesar salad and homemade garlic bread, I might add. :)

Getting the excess moisture out

Sauce mixture


obviously not professional haha


amazing end result!

The second is Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai, which I got from another blog site via Pinterest.
I didn't take any pictures of this, but it is most surprisingly delicious. I have not been able to find bok choy or red chili peppers in my limited grocery options, but I don't think Mitch even noticed. ;) A side is kind of hard for Pad Thai, so we had some edamame with it.

Also, I usually try to make two dinners out of one to make life easier on me, so here's a tip. I reserve enough spaghetti squash and some chicken so that Mitch and I can have it with some pasta sauce for the next meal. We still have leftovers of the Pad Thai even with me leaving out some squash, so it worked out perfectly. I usually stir fry some peppers and onions to put in some pasta sauce, then add the meat to that, then top the squash with it. YUM!





3 comments:

  1. I am so visual when it comes to recipes. Every time you mention "zucchini lasagna" it sounds super difficult and like it would be super time consuming... Seriously this looks so easy!! I'm gonna try it soon!

    ReplyDelete